RTO Code Number for all States in India
Regional Transport Office Code Number for all States in India: In India, all transport vehicles are given a unique number that is registered in the respective Regional Transport Office. For finding the records of the vehicle owner instantly, the number plate details are very important for Government officials. Specific series of RTO codes has been allotted to each Transport Authority in India for the registration of transport vehicles. Here is a list of RTO Code numbers with state names:
What is mean by RTO?
The full form of RTO is Regional Transport Office. The primary responsibility of the RTO Office is keeping a complete database of all types of registered vehicles running in the City, State and Union Territory.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Office
The primary duty of the RTO office is to implement the rules and regulations as per the Motor Vehicles Act in the State or Union Territory.
RTO Online Services
Issuing of Permit to all types of vehicles after verification.
Issuing of New Leaner’s Licence
Issuing of New Driving Licence
Issuing of Endorsement of Driving Licence (AEDL)
Issuing of Duplicate Driving Licence
RTO Vehicle Registration
Application for Temporary Registration
Application for Fitness Certificate
Application for No Objection Certificate (NOC)
Application for New Registration
Application for Transfer of Ownership
The Important Services of the TN Transport Department
- Issue of Driving Licence, Conductor Licence, Renewal and Endorsement
- Issue of Driving School License and inspection of driving school
- Registration of vehicle, Re-registration of vehicle, Renewal of Registration
- Transfer of Ownership of vehicle, Endorsement of Hire Purchase Agreement/Termination in the certificate of Registration
- Issue of Fitness Certificate and renewal to motor vehicles
- Transfer of Permit to transport vehicle
- Replacement of permit to transport vehicle
- Change of routes to stage carriage and minibus
- Issue of Temporary permit to transport vehicle
- Click to know more details
List of Official Website for RTO Offices in India
The complete list of State names with their official website portal of the RTO Office given below:
The primary services of Karnataka RTO Office
- Issuance of New Learner’s Licence
- Issuance of New Driving Licence
- Add. Class of Endorsement of Driving Licence (AEDL)
- Change of Address in Driving Licence
- Duplicate Driving Licence
- Driving Licence Extract
- Application for Temporary Registration
- Application for New Registration
- Application for Transfer of Ownership
- Application for Change of Address
- Application for NOC
- Tax Payment(Online)
- Alteration of Vehicle
- Apply for Fitness Certificate
- Renewal of Registration
- Click to know more details
List of RTO Code Office for all States in India
|S.NO||State||RTO Starting Number||RTO Ending Number|
|1||RTO Andaman & Nicobar||AN-01||AN-02|
|2||RTO Andhra Pradesh||AP-01||AP37D|
|3||RTO Arunachal Pradesh||AR-01||AR-14|
|7||RTO Daman and Diu||DD-03||DD-02|
|9||RTO Goa||GA-01||GA- 02|
|12||RTO Himachal Pradesh||HP-01||HP-52|
|13||RTO Jammu and Kashmir||JK-01||JK-14|
|17||RTO Madhya Pradesh||MP-01||MP-28|
|29||RTO Tamil Nadu||TN-01||TN-74|
|31||RTO Uttar Pradesh||UP-01||UP-96|
|33||RTO West Bengal||WB-01||WB-79|
Why RTO code is so important?
RTO code is unique alphanumerical that makes it easy to know the state and city where the vehicle is registered. Anyone can find the basic details of the vehicle is running in any corner of India.
What is the structure of the RTO code?
The first two digits denote the State and the following numbers are indicating the registration zone or area. For example, TS-09 is the Telangana RTO code. The first two digits are indicated the State of the name and the numbers are denoting the area of Central Hyderabad.
What is the difference between RTO and RTA?
The full form of RTO is the ‘Regional Transport Office’ and RTA is the ‘Regional Transport Authority. ‘RTO’ is concerning the respective office and the ‘RTA’ is concerning the administration.