Apply for online driving license Punjab Parivahan | Driving license fees in Punjab 2021 | Driving license Punjab fees
Punjab Necessity of a Driving License
- No person shall drive any Motor Vehicle and no owner of a Motor Vehicle shall cause or permit the vehicle to be driven in any public place or any other place, unless the vehicle is registered in accordance with Chapter IV of the MV Act,1988.
Age limit in connection with the driving of motor vehicles
No person under the age of eighteen years shall drive a motor vehicle in any public place.
Provided that a motorcycle with engine capacity not exceeding 50 ccs can be driven in a public place by a person after attaining the age of sixteen years. No person under the age of 20 yrs. Shall drive a transport vehicle in any public place.
Punjab Medical Certificate
Procedure for obtaining learner’s license
An application for the grant or renewal of a learner’s license shall be made in Form 2 along with the following documents:-
Medical Certificate in Form No. 1-A or declaration in Form 1, as the case may be
Three copies of the applicant’s, recent Passport size Photograph
A fee of Rs. 30/- for each class of vehicle
In the case of an application for a medium goods vehicle, a medium passenger motor vehicle, a heavy goods vehicle, or a heavy passenger vehicle, the driving license for Light Motor Vehicle held by the applicant.
- Every applicant for a learner’s license is required to present himself before the licensing authority for a preliminary test
Punjab Validity of learner’s license
- The learner’s license issued by a licensing authority shall be valid for 6 months.
Procedure for obtaining a driving license
An application for a driving license shall be made in Form 4 along with the following documents.
- An effective learner’s license.
- Fee of Rs. 50.00 per class.
- Rs. 200.00 (Smart Card Fees) .
- Three copies of the applicant’s recent [passport size photograph]
Punjab Driving Test
- Every applicant shall have to pass the driving test, physical competence test to be conducted by licensing authority on a vehicle of the type he has applied for.
Validity of the driving license
License to drive a transport vehicle to be effective for a period of three years from the date of its issue.
An authorization of license to drive a transport vehicle carrying goods of dangerous or Hazardous nature be effective for one year and renewal thereof subject to the condition that the driver must undergoes one day refresher course of the prescribed syllabus.
- A license to drive a non transport vehicle shall be effective for a period of 20 yrs. from the date of issue or renewal or the holder attains the age of 50 yrs., whichever is earlier, after that the license is renewable for 5 yrs.