Andhra Pradesh RTO is providing more information about Speed Governor in an easy way. The below Questions and Answers are very useful to know about the LLR before initiate.
Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority (Government of Andhra Pradesh)
What is a Speed Governor
- A speed governor is a speed limiting device which either acts on the fuel supply line or the accelerator to control the speed at a specified speed.
How many types of speed governor’s are available
There are primarily two types of speed governors ( speed limiter devices).
- Fuel Control Type of SLD: The fuel control type of speed limiter device reduces the fuel momentarily when the driving speed exceeds the specified speed.Accelerator Control SLD: The accelerator control speed limiter device operates on the accelerator of the vehicle, which will be disabled beyond the specified speed.
either of the types of speed limiter devices does not impact the engine or the pickup.
Is it true that the speed governors damage the engine and reduce the pickup?
- This is a general misconception as the speed governors merely operate to control the speed of a vehicle to the set speed of the governor. they either work on the fuel line or on the accelerator. Either of the speed governors never impacts the engine or the pickup. The pick up of a vehicle would depend on a variety of factors which include horsepower of the vehicle, contracted load, the torque of the engine, condition of the vehicle and the engine, no. of kilometers run, condition of the roads, etc.
What are the speeds notified by the Government of Andhra Pradesh
- The government of Andhra Pradesh has notified the fitment of speed governors on all transport vehicles vide G.O.Ms. No …. Dated. 14.7. 2009 The same has been published in the gazette on the 16th of July, 2009. Vide the said notification the following are the speeds notified:
How do I select a speed governor?
Before purchasing a speed governor you must check if the speed governor being purchased has valid approval from the testing agency as prescribed by the government of India. the certificate of approval should be specific and be applicable for
- Make of the Vehicle
- Class of the Vehicle
- Speed as notified by the Government namely 50 KMPH or 65 KMPH.
As a matter of caution please check if the vendor selling the speed governors has got a good service back up.