Vehicle Number Reservation in Telangana Transport
On receipt of applications for registration, the Registering Authority shall arrange them alphabetically every day and assign the numbers serially after the last registration mark assigned subject to the provisions of the following sub-rules.
The Registering Authority may on an application in Form RRMA made to it by the owner of the vehicles reserve the special numbers within thousand from the last number assigned in serial order on the date of application except for the offices in Hyderabad where an online reservation system is being implemented.
- On payment of a fee of Rs.50,000 (Rupees fifty thousand only) for any one of the numbers l, 9, 999, 9999.
- On payment of fee of Rs.30,000 (Rupees thirty thousand only) for anyone of the numbers 99, 333, 555, 666, 777,888,2222,3333, 4444 , 5555, 6666, 7777, 8888.
- On payment of a fee of Rs.20,000 (Rupees twenty thousand only) for any one of the numbers 123, 222, 369, 444, 567,786,1111, 1116, 3366, 3456, 4455.
- On payment of fee of Rs.10,000 (Rupees ten thousand only) for anyone of the numbers 3, 5, 6. 7, 111, 234, 306, 405, 789, 818, 909, 1188,1234, 1314, 1818, 1899, 2277, 2772, 2345, 2727, 2799, 3636, 3663, 3699, 4545, 4554, 4567, 4599, 5678, 6336, 6633, 6789, 7227, 7722, 8118, 8811, 9009, 9099.
- On payment of a fee of Rs.5,000/-(Rupees five thousand only) for any one of the numbers other than those mentioned against the clauses (i) (ii) (iii) and (iv) above in respect of all vehicles except two-wheelers for which a fee of Rs.2,000/- shall be charged. When there is an application for allotment for four-wheelers and two-wheelers for the same number, priority shall be given to four-wheeler applicants.
✓ “Provided that any current number can be reserved on payment of Rs.1000/-” (Rupees Thousand Only)
✓ The application for reservation of numbers shall be dropped in a dropbox (sealed box) along with the required fee up to1 P.M. No application would be allowed to be dropped in the drop box after 1 PM on any working day. No. the application shall be received personally under any circumstances.
✓ All the payments shall be made in the shape of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of Secretary, Regional Transport Authority of that District from any reputed bank.
✓ If there is more than one application in a day for a particular registration number, the reservation shall be made by way of receiving tenders in closed envelopes along with the RRMTA. All applications shall enclose the offered amount by way of a Demand Draft in favour of Secretary, Regional Transport Authority of the District to the tender format 3. P.M. on the same day before the registering authority. The number shall be allotted to the highest offer those who have filed applications. If an applicant is not present at 3.P.M. Forbidding, his application along with the fee shall be forfeited. The bid amount offered shall not be less than the fees referred to in sub-rule (3) (i), (ii) and (iii), as the case may be.
The number reserved under sub-rules (3) (i), (ii) & (iii) shall be allotted on the production of the vehicle and registered as per the procedure prescribed in the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and rules made thereunder. The reservation shall be cancelled if the vehicle is not produced within fifteen (15) days from the date of reserving the number. The number reserved shall be re-notified immediately and the procedure as per sub-rules (3)(i), (ii), (iii) and (5) shall be followed after the cancellation of the reservation. If no applicant applies for the number of numbers, the said number of numbers shall be referred to the Transport Commissioner at intervals decided by him for re-notification or further action.