Tamil Nadu RTO Website is providing more information to give services of Driving License. The below information is very useful to know about the LLR before initiate.
Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority (Government of Tamil Nadu)
Driving License Services
- To Drive a Non-Transport vehicle, Two Wheeler and LMV, the applicant has to appear for a test of competence to drive (Driving skill Test) individually or through recognized Driving Schools before the Motor Vehicle Inspector. The data already entered and documents uploaded for LLR can be used for getting DL in Portal, but a fee has to be paid online itself.
- A driving license will be issued for 20 years from the date of issue or up to 40 years of age whichever is earlier for non-transport vehicles and in the case of transport vehicles, it will be valid for three (3) years from the date of issue.
- The Motor vehicles Inspector will conduct the test of competence to drive vehicles as per the procedures laid down under rule 15 of Central Motor Vehicle Rules,1989. After satisfaction about the driving skills, the testing authority will pass the order for the issue of a driving license.
- Once the applicant clears the driving test, the Driving License will be issued by the Asst. Licensing Authority after capturing of bio-metrics including Photograph.
- If applicants failed in the driving test, they can appear again for a re-test after 7 days. If the applicant does not pass even after three driving tests, he shall not be qualified to reappear for such test before 60 days.
- Application in Form-2 generated online.
- Valid Learner Licence.
- Documents of the vehicle in which applicant proposes to appear for test of competence to drive (such as valid Registration Certificate, Insurance Certificate, Tax Card, Pollution under Control Certificate).
- Form 5 and Form 15 (only for those who have undergone training in a Driving School).
- Driving license fee for a single class of vehicle Rs.800/-
- Driving license fee for the double class of vehicle Rs.1100/-