Tamil Nadu RTO Website is providing more information to give services of Temporary Registration of Motor Vehicles. The below information is very useful to know about the LLR before initiate.
Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority (Government of Tamil Nadu)
Temporary Registration of Motor Vehicles Services
- No vehicle should be driven on any public road without registration. Permanent registration may take some time, moving vehicle from dealer to registering authority, where temporary registration should be done.
- The owner of a motor vehicle may apply to the registering authority, where the dealer situated (RTO), or other prescribed authority to have the vehicle temporarily registered. Such temporary registration shall be valid only for a month. Meantime, the owner should make an effort to complete the permanent registration.
- The vehicle should be produced before the registering authority Regional Transport Officer (RTO) or Motor Vehicle Inspector (M V I).
- Generally, the Dealer shall apply on behalf of the owner of the vehicle.
- Application Form 20 generated through online. (If it is covered with HP in Duplicate).
- Sale Certificate in Form 21.
- Initial certificate of compliance with pollution standards and roadworthiness certificate in Form-22 from the manufacturer.
- Initial certificate of compliance with pollution standards and roadworthiness certificate in Form-22 A, (Part II) where the body is fabricated.
- Pan card or GIR or Form-60/61 of I.T. Department.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Proof of address.
Temporary Vehicle Registration Fees
|Class of vehicle||Fee||Service Charge|