Tamil Nadu RTO Website is providing more information to give services of Renewal of Driving License. The below information is very useful to know about the LLR before initiate.
Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority (Government of Tamil Nadu)
Renewal of Driving License Services
- Application for renewal of driving license can be made within 30 days from the date of expiry of validity. DL holders of heavy transport vehicles should undergo a one-day refresher course as per the Government Notification at the approved driving schools.
- An applicant who wants to renewal of his / her license has to apply online. Necessary fees can be paid online. Documents also can be uploaded online.
- The driving license will be renewed for the period of five years in respect of Non-Transport Vehicles and three years for Transport vehicles. If the driving license expired more than 5 years ago, a fresh driving test will be conducted for renewal of the License.
Documents Required For Renewal of Driving License
- Application in Form-2 generated through online
- Medical Certificate in Form1-A (in case of the applicant who obtained Non-transport vehicle DL has completed the age of 40 years old or holder having valid DL for transport vehicle).
- Driving License.
Fees For Renewal of Driving License
- Fee for Renewal of Transport vehicle DL is Rs.450/-
- Fee for Renewal of Non-Transport vehicle DL is Rs.500/-