Tamil Nadu RTO Website is providing more information to get a Driving License in an easy way. The below Frequently Asked Questions and Answers, the set of Q&A is very useful to know about the Driving License before initiate.
Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority (Government of Tamil Nadu)
Driving License Registration FAQ
How can I get Driver’s License?
- Apply application in new driving license services on Parivahan Website.
- An application in Form 2, for a permanent driving license, shall be made along with the Learners’ License obtained for such class of vehicle. The applicant who has a valid Learners’ License, for a period of at least 30 days, shall be competent to appear for the test of competence or driving skill test. The applicant should bring a vehicle of the type to which the application relates. The applicant should satisfy the officer conducting the test regarding his capability to drive the vehicle and his ability to perform the tasks specified in Rule-15(2) of the CMVR. The candidate who passes the test of competence successfully will be issued with a driving license.
What are the documents required?
- Application in Form 2.
- Form 5(only for those who have undergone training in a Driving School).
- Form 15(those who have undergone training in a Driving School).
- Documents of the vehicle in which applicant proposes to appear for test of competence to drive (such as Registration Certificate, Insurance Certificate, Tax Card, Pollution under Control Certificate).
Consent letter from the vehicle owner to conduct the driving test in his vehicle if the vehicle is not owned by the applicant.
- Passport size photographs-3 copies.
Do blood group is necessary to get Driver’s License?
- At the time of LLR you mentioned blood group, it is Mandatory.
What is the fee amount Payable?
- Single Class Rs.800/-.
- Double Class Rs.1100/-.
- Additional Class Rs.1100/-.
When can I go for Driver’s License test?
- The applicant who has held a valid Learners’ License, for a period of at least 30 days, shall be competent to appear for the test of competence. on any government working day.
Did the applicant Should appear for the Driver’s License test and verification of original documents?
- Yes. The applicant should appear for the driving test and Drive the vehicle in front of the competence testing authority. If he passed, he will be allowed to capture Bio-metric including photographs. If he fails, he may allow appearing for a re-test after 7 days.
- At the time of appearing for a driving skill test, he has to produce all original documents for verification.
When do I get my Driver’s License after attending the test?
- If the applicant passed the Driver License Test, DL will be issued on that same day after taking photographs.
I have lost my driving license, How do I get the Duplicate Driver License(DL)?
- The applicant has to make a complaint with Police for loss or missing of the original DL. The complaint with police can be done Online also (Click Here)
- With a police certificate, candidates can apply for Duplicate DL in the parivahan portal online. (Click Here).
How do I get a Heavy vehicle license for Driving Commercial vehicles?
- Should have completed 20 years of age for applying for driving Transport Vehicles or Heavy vehicle with 1year experience in LMV. Should have obtained Badge or endorsement for driving a commercial vehicle.
- Apply for LLR on online with the certificate issued by a recognized driving school in form 14.
- The documents to be submitted at the time of test with Fees of Rs.1100.
- Application in Form 2 in parivahan portal and upload all documents.
- Form 5 and 5a.
- Form 15
- Valid LMV Driving License
- Valid Learnerâ€™s License for which an additional class of vehicle (HMV) is required.
What is the procedure to add a New Class of Vehicles?
- Its depends on what class of vehicle wants to include like two-wheeler DL holder may want to include LMV or LMV DL holder may want to include HMV DL etc.
- The person should have a valid driving license.
- Should have completed 20 years of age for Transport Vehicles or for HMV with one year experience in LMV & Badge.
- Apply Services on DL in Parivahan Website and get LLR on the required class of vehicle.
- The documents to be submitted at the time test.
- Form 5(only for those who trained through Driving School).
- Form 15(Those who trained through Driving School).
- Original Driving License.
- Valid Learnerâ€™s License for which an additional class of vehicle is required.
- Documents of the vehicle in which applicant proposes to appear for test of competence to drive (such as Registration Certificate, Insurance Certificate, Pollution Under Control Certificate,) Consent letter from the vehicle owner, to conduct the driving test in his vehicle if the vehicle is not owned by the applicant.
Whether NOC is necessary for taking a change of address?
NO. NOC is not necessary for a change of address as it is available online.