PY RTO Code, PY RTO Office, PY RTO Rules, PY RTO Driving License, PY RTO Renewal 2023
Around the turn of the 20th century, motor vehicles were on the roads in Puducherry. When the Arête of June 24, 1912, initially controlled automobiles, there were only 16 of them, one of which was a lorry, and 12 people had driver’s licences. Originally under the control of the Public Works Department, “Motor Transport” was moved to the Police Department on February 12th, 1955. From 241 in 1956 to 1,106 in 1961, the total number of motor vehicles registered in the Territory grew. On September 14th, 1966, a Regional Transport Officer acquired control of the Transport Office in place of the Superintendent of Police. Beginning on April 1st, 1967, the Regional Transport Officer’s Office began operating on its own. RTO was initially upgraded to Director of Transportation before being named Transport Commissioner. After the merger of the Government Automobile Workshop and the Transport Department in November 2013, the Department is expanding to meet the requirements of the general public regarding transportation.
Pondicherry Vehicle Registration Owner Details
The Transport Department caters to the public transportation needs based on various Acts and Rules including the following:
- Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
- Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989
- Pondicherry Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989
- Pondicherry Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1967 and Rules of 1967.
PY Vehicle Registration Owner Details 2023
|Name of Department||PY Road Transport|
|Registration Authority||Pondicherry RTO Office|
|Identify basic details||License & Vehicle Registration|
|Registration Details||Pondicherry RTO 2023|
Main Functions Pondicherry Vehicle
The Main functions of Transport Department include the following:
- Providing services to public like Grant of Driving Licences, Registration of motor vehicles and allied services.
- Grant of Permits to Stage Carriages, Goods Carriages, Contract Carriages and Private Service Vehicles.
- Issue of Temporary permits and Special Permits.
- Revenue Generation by collection of Fees, Taxes and Other receipts.
- Enforcement of Act and Rules related to Motor Transport.
- Ensuring Road Safety as Lead Agency for the Union Territory.
- Nodal Department for all Urban Transport related issues.
- Functions as the Nodal Department for Railway Projects in the Union Territory.
Special Permit Pondicherry Vehicle Registration
Any Contract Carriage or Tourist Taxi like Omni Buses, Vans, Taxis etc., desiring to ply any State other than the Home state may obtain special permits for limited period and one round trip. The application form, the details of the tour programmed and place to be visited shall be submitted along with fees. The service is allowed at once. At present Special permit is being issued at checkpost Gorimedu, Puducherry.
- Applicant shall apply in Form P.Sp.A.
- (a) Up to 7 days … Rs. 100
- (b) More than 7 days … Rs. 150
- Certificate of Registration.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Fitness Certificate.
- Particular regarding the proposed places of visit by party of members of tour party and night halt programme.
- Primary permit.
Check These Updates on RTO Code List 2023
- All India RTO Code List PDF 2023
- TN RTO Code List PDF 2023
- AP RTO Code List PDF 2023
- Odisha RTO Code List PDF 2023
- Kerala RTO Code List PDF 2023
Pondicherry RTO Code 2023
This implies that registering an automobile in any state is easy. The list includes codes for Car, two-wheelers, tractors, and commercial vehicles. This code can be used to look up a regional transport office’s address and phone number for vehicle registration questions. An utility bill, bank statement, or driver’s licence is usually required to get a new registration number. Before getting your vehicle plates registered, Pondicherry RTO offices require proof of current insurance coverage.
|PY-01 Registration||Puducherry RTO|
|PY0-1B Registration||Bahour RTO|
|PY-02 Registration||Karaikal RTO|
|PY-03 Registration||Mahe RTO|
|PY-04 Registration||Yanam RTO|
|PY-05 Registration||Oulgaret RTO|
|PY-05V Registration||Thirubuvanai RTO|
Latest Updates on PY RTO Code 2023
How many RTO offices are in PY?
There are 05 RTO offices in PY.
How to find vehicle owner details in PY?
In Pondicherry, there is a procedure for checking the vehicle owner’s details. Select the vehicle details option. Enter all of the information Registration, chassis, and engine numbers are all required. By choosing Verify details, you can display the details of your vehicle on the screen.
How to know my RTO office in Pondicherry?
If you’re looking for your Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Pondicherry, it’s quite easy! Check online for the address and contact details. Each of the 05 RTO offices in Pondicherry is assigned a unique number, so it’s easy to locate yours. All you need to do is find the RTO in your district and visit in person.