Motor Vehicles Department – Government of Pondicherry 2022 PDF Download
(a) Permanent Registration.
A vehicle isRe- Registration not to be driven on the road without registration. A dealer will not hand over the vehicle to the buyer without registration. The buyer of the vehicle may apply in the prescribed application form (Form No.20) enclosing the following documents.
- Form 19,20,21,22 and certificate confirming the residence (Copy of the Election Photo I.D./Passport.).
- Form 60 for Three wheeler and four wheeler. (or) copy of PAN Card.
- Fees for Registration will be Rs.60/- to Rs.600/- depending upon the category of vehicle.
- Valid Insurance Cover note.
- The Registration Certificate (RC book) can be collected from the counter after 10 days.
- Fees for Registration of Motor Vehicle Link are detailed below.
b) Change of Address in R.C.. Book in Pondicherry
- 1. Applicant shall apply in Form 33 in duplicate proof for address to be produced.
- Fees Rs.20,
- R.C. book and I.C. has to be enclosed.
- Current tax has to be paid.
Time required to complete the service is 7 days in Pondicherry
Transfer of Ownership
1. Applicant shall apply in 29, 30 Forms.
2. Form 29 should be in duplicate.
3. If the vehicle is under Hire Purchase Agreement /Hypothecation, shall submit with consent of the financier in form 30 in duplicate.
4. Shall enclose R.C. with current tax, I.C., chassis pencil print 2 Nos., specimen signatures 2 Nos. of the transfers.
5. In the case of vehicle brought from other state shall enclose N.O.C. issued by the concerned authority.
Renewal of R.C. in Pondicherry
1. Applicant shall apply in Form 25.
Application shall apply in Form 27. In the case of HPN/HPA shall apply in duplicate with consent of the financier.
2. Shall enclose R.C. I.C., specimen signature 2 Nos., chassis pencil print 2 Nos, N.O.C. issued by the original Registering Authority (Form 28) .
3. Current tax has to be paid.
4. Vehicle to be produced for inspection.
5. Time required for this service is 60 days.
Renewal of R.C. in Re- Registration
2. Registration Certificate and Valid Insurance Certificate has to be enclosed.
3. Specimen signature 2 Nos. has to be enclosed.
4. Chassis pencil print 2 Nos. has to be enclosed.
5. Vehicle has to be produced for inspection.
6. Current tax has to be paid.
7. Time required for this service is 7 days.
8. Fees are detailed below.