A vehicle registration check online | New vehicle registration fees in Punjab| Punjab vehicle registration Number List
Where to approach for obtaining of Certificate of Registration?
- Approach your nearest Suwidha Centre or Registering Authority (DTO or Sub Divisional Magistrate)
Requirement of Certificate of registration?
- The vehicle can be driven or allowed to be driven in a public place only after registration by registering authority.
- It is mandatory to produce the vehicle in front of the inspecting authority
- The inspecting authority will inspect and give the clearance certificate for registration of the vehicle
Documents required to apply for Certificate of Registration?
- Form 20 duly filled up [Imprint of chassis no and engine number must be taken on this form]
- Form 21 (Sale certificate) issued by the vehicle dealer
- Form 22 (Roadworthiness certificate) issued by the which manufacturer
Attested copy of valid vehicle insurance policy/cover noteAttested copy of address proof at which vehicle is to be registered.Form 34 duly signed by the owner and the financier one-time road tax as an applicable prescribed fee for registrationPAN Card or Form 60 & 61 (as applicable)Dealer invoice or manufacturer invoice.
Effectiveness and Validity?
- The Certificate of Registration issued is valid throughout India.
- The Certificate of Registration is issued for 15 years for Non-Transport vehicles [Private vehicles].
- The Certificate of Registration is issued for 2 years for Transport vehicles and after that owner of the vehicle have to obtain the fitness certificate every year from the Registering authority.
- The driving license issued for a transport vehicle will be valid for three years.