Motor Vehicles Department – Government of Nagaland 2022 PDF Download
Registration Vehicle in Nagaland
- The registration procedure includes the vehicle to be inspected physically by Inspecting Authority at zonal office for its particulars and followed by registration.
- An application for registration of a Motor Vehicle shall be made in Form 20 to the Registering Authority within a period of 7 days from the date of delivery of such vehicle excluding the period of journey and shall be accompanied by:
- Sales certificate in Form 21*
- Road worthiness certificate in Form 22* from the manufacturers ( Form 22A* from the Body builder).
- Valid Insurance Certificate.
- Proof of Address(Ration Card, Electricity Bill,…..).
- Design approval copy of STA in case Trailer or Semi Trailer.
- Original Sales Certificate from the concerned Authorities in Form 21 in the case of Ex _Army Vehicle.
- Pollution Under control Certificate.
- Customs Clearance Certificate in the case of Imported Vehicles.
- Appropriate Fee as specified in Rule 81 of CMV Rules.
- Form 34 duly signed by owner and the Attested copy (by Gazetted Officer) of the G.I.R. no. Pan no. financier in case vehicle is bought on Hypothecation ***(Form21, Form 22, Form 22A will be given by Manufacturer, Dealer along with Invoice).
1. What is the Essential Requirement for vehicle Registration in Nagaland?
- No person shall drive any Motor Vehicle and no owner of Motor Vehicle shall cause or permit the vehicle to be driven in any public place or any other place, unless the vehicle is Registered in accordance with Chapter 4,section 39 of IMV Act 1988.
2. Where to do vehicle Registration in Nagaland?
- Every owner of Motor Vehicle shall cause the Vehicle to be Registered by a Registering Authority in whose Jurisdiction he has residence or place of business where the vehicle is normally kept.