NL RTO Code, NL RTO Office, NL RTO Rules, NL RTO Driving License, NL RTO Renewal 2023
After Nagaland became a state in 1963, the Motor Vehicles Department was set up in the state in accordance with section 133-A of the M.V. Act, 1933. (section 213 of the M.V. Act, 1988). The laws of the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 (previously known as the M.V. Act of 1933), the Central Motor Vehicles Regulations of 1989, the Nagaland Motor Vehicles Act of 1967, and the Motor Vehicles Taxation Rules of 1972 govern the department’s authority and duties.
Nagaland Vehicle Registration Benefits
The main functions and duties of the department are
i. Registration and Licensing of Motor Vehicles,
ii. Revenue collection on account of Road tax,
iii. Passengers and Goods tax,
iv. Issue of Driving Licenses,
v. Issue of Conductors Licenses,
vi. Grant and Renewal of Permits,
vii. Motor Vehicles pollution control,
viii. Awareness of Road safety.
ix. Administration of NRSA.
x. Enforcement of MV Acts & Rules.
Nagaland RTO Passing 2023
The department’s leader is the Transport Commissioner. At the Directorate, he is supported by a Joint Transport Commissioner, a Deputy Transport Commissioner, and a District Transport Officer (E). A Statistical Officer from the Directorate of Economics and Statistics Department is attached to deal with issues pertaining to statistics on motor vehicles, together with one Inspector and a Field Assistant.
The N.S.T. Department’s Engineering Division, which is supervised by an Assistant Engineer, has been given the additional responsibility of managing the Civil Works of the division. The eight Registration and Licensing Offices in the State are Regional Transport Officers at Kohima and Mokokchung and District Transport Officers at Mon, Tuensang, Wokha, Dimapur, Phek, and Zunheboto.
The department also includes an enforcement section with senior enforcement inspectors, enforcement inspectors, assistant enforcement inspectors, and motor vehicle checkers stationed at the regional transport offices in Kohima, Mokokchung, and Dimapur to severely enforce the MV Acts and Rules.
A Motor Accident Claim Tribunal has been established in Dimapur, covering the entire state, to decide matters involving motor vehicle accidents. The MACT currently has Mr. C. Sosang Rtd. D.C. (Judicial) as a member.
NL Vehicle Registration Owner Details 2023
|Name of Department||NL Road Transport|
|Registration Authority||Nagaland RTO Office|
|Identify basic details||License & Vehicle Registration|
|Registration Details||Nagaland RTO 2023|
Nagaland Vehicle Registration Check Online
The necessity for Nagaland Vehicle Registration?
- No person shall drive any Motor Vehicle and no owner of the Motor Vehicle shall cause or permit the vehicle to be driven in any public place or any other place unless the vehicle is Registered in accordance with Chapter 4, section 39 of IMV Act 1988.
Nagaland Vehicle Registration where to be made?
- Every owner of a Motor Vehicle shall cause the Vehicle to be Registered by a Registering Authority in whose Jurisdiction he has residence or place of business where the vehicle is normally kept.
Nagaland Online Vehicle Registration
- The registration procedure includes the vehicle being inspected physically by Inspecting Authority at the zonal office for its particulars and followed by registration.
Driving License Online Apply Nagaland
- The Government of Nagaland is committed to providing Simple, Moral, Accountable, Responsive, and Transparent (SMART) services to the people through the concept of the Citizens’ Charter. The Transport Department, as part of the implementation of this Citizens’ Charter, has simplified the procedures to get a Driving License.
How long is the Driving License valid?
- The license to drive a Non-Transport Vehicle is valid for 20 years from the date of issue or until the holder attains the age of 50 years, whichever is earlier.
- After that, the License is renewed every 5 years.
- Transport Vehicle License is valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue or renewal.
Nagaland Vehicle Permit
- A permit is an instrument issued by a State or Regional Transport Authority authorizing the use of a motor vehicle as a transport vehicle in a specified manner as per the relevant provisions of the Motor Vehicle Act and rules framed there under. Section 66 of the Motor Vehicle Act, of 1988 mandates the necessity of a permit to transport vehicles. However, transport vehicles belonging to the Central or State Government, police, local bodies, fire brigade, ambulance, cranes, and goods vehicles having gross vehicle weight not exceeding 3000 kilograms are exempted from the necessity of a permit.
Check These Updates on RTO Code List 2023
Nagaland RTO Code 2023
If this is the case, then registering a car in the state need not be a major ordeal anyplace in the state. Vehicles as diverse as passenger cars, mopeds, tractors, and delivery trucks are all represented on the list. If you have questions or need more information on registering your vehicle with your local RTO, you may look out the office’s address and phone number using the code above. When getting a new registration number, you usually need to show proof of where you live, like an electricity bill, a bank statement, or a driver’s licence. You should also bring valid insurance papers to Nagaland RTO offices before getting the registration number you want on your car plates.
|NL01 Which State||RTO Kohima Address|
|NL02 Which State||RTO Mokokchung Address|
|NL03 Which State||RTO Tuensang Address|
|NL04 Which State||RTO Mon Address|
|NL05 Which State||RTO Wokha Address|
|NL06 Which State||RTO Zunheboto Address|
|NL07 Which State||RTO Dimapur Address|
|NL08 Which State||RTO Phek Address|
Latest Updates on NL RTO Code 2023
How many RTO offices are in NL?
There are 08 RTO offices in NL.
How to find vehicle owner details in NL?
In Nagaland, there is a procedure for checking the vehicle owner’s details. Select the vehicle details option. Enter all of the information Registration, chassis, and engine numbers are all required. By choosing Verify details, you can display the details of your vehicle on the screen.
How to know my RTO office in Nagaland?
If you’re looking for your Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Nagaland, it’s quite easy! Check online for the address and contact details. Each of the 08 RTO offices in Nagaland is assigned a unique number, so it’s easy to locate yours. All you need to do is find the RTO in your district and visit in person.