Motor Vehicles Department – Government of Nagaland 2022 PDF Download
Renewal of Driving License in Nagaland RTO:
- The driving license is required to be renewed after expiry of its validity. You have to approach to your local zonal office during public dealing hours for the same.
1. How long is the driving license valid?
- Your license is valid for 20 years from the date of issue or till you turn 50 years of age, whichever happens earlier. However, if your license is for a commercial, passenger or goods vehicle it must be renewed after every three years.
2. Do I need a medical certificate at the time of renewal?
- You require medical certificate if you have commercial license.
Documents required for renewal of Driving License
For Private License in Nagaland RTO:
- Application in Form No.9.
- Applicable Fee.
- 2 copies of your recent passport size photograph.
- Driving license held.
- Proof of age and residence.
- Medical form No.1 self declaration of physical fitness.
For Commercial License in Nagaland RTO:
- The above documents as used in Private License
- Medical form No.1 A in all cases.
- Driver refreshing Training certificate in case of HMV.
In case of Private license the record is not verified if the particulars seems to be clear on the license. However for commercial license the particulars are verified from the issuing authority. The renewal of license in case of private license is done on the same day but for commercial license the renewal is made after verification of the particulars.
Nagaland RTO Duplicate License 2022
- Duplicate License is issued in case of loss, theft, or on mutilation We recommend you to keep the photocopy of your license safe, particulars of license noted with you so that you may not face troubles in case of loss/theft. It would be easier to locate about your license particulars from the record.
- If you cannot provide the particulars it is advisable to go ahead for fresh license instead of duplicate license.
1. What is the procedure to get a duplicate license?
- Application in Form LLD.
- FIR of the lost license
- Challan clearance report from Traffic Police (in case of Commercial license renewal).
- Applicable Fees.
- For duplicate license you have to approach the issuing authority and the particulars will be verified from their records. The validity of duplicate license will be the same of your previous license. The original issuing authority will issue your duplicate license.
- If your license is lost and expired by more than 6 months your case requires permission from Head Quarter of Transport Department.
Nagaland RTO International Driving License
- International driving licenses are issued from Transport Commissioner Office, Kohima. The validity of this permit is for one year. You are required to get your license from the country your visiting within one year period.
Following documents are to be produced at the time of applying for a International driving license :-
- Valid driving license issued from Nagaland.
- Valid passport
- Valid Visa
- Applicable Fee
- Two passport size photograph.
- Attested copy of address proof.
Residence proof attested copy of any of the following:
- Ration Card
- Electoral Roll
- Life Insurance Policy
- Electricity or Telephone Bill
- Pay slip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State Government or a local body
- House Tax Receipt
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Attested copy of birth certificate
Age Proof attested copies of any of the following :
- School certificate
- Pass port
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate from Central/State Govt. or a local body
- Identity card/voter list
- PAN of Income Tax card
- Certificate granted by a registered medical practitioner not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon, as to the age of the applicant.
- Other authentic proof acceptable by Licensing Authority.
The International driving license is issued from 10.30 AM to 2.30 PM from the Transport Commissioner Office, Kohima.
Other State Driving License in Nagaland RTO
- The procedure and documents are same as renewal of driving license except record confirmations may be asked from issuing authority of that state. You have to apply to your local zonal office for the same.