The Motor Vehicles Department Driving License in Nagaland 2022 PDF Download
Driving License in Nagaland
- The Government of NAGALAND is committed to provide Simple, Moral, Accountable, Responsive and Transparent (SMART) services to the people through the concept of Citizens’ Charter. The Transport Department, as part of the implementation of this Citizens’ Charter, has simplified the procedures to get a Driving License.
1. Why do you need a Driving License?
- As per Motor Vehicle Act 1988, a valid Driving License is necessary to drive any motor vehicle on public roads.
2. Where do you get it?
- At the Regional Transport Office or District Transport Office, having jurisdiction over your residential area.
3. When do you get it?
- After completion of 16 years of age, for driving motor cycles with engine capacity not exceeding 50cc with the consent of the parent, guardian.
- After completion of 18 years of age, motor cycles with engine capacity exceeding 50cc and light motor vehicle.
- After completion of 20 years of age, for an endorsement to drive transport vehicles.
4. How to get a Driving License?
There are two stages to get a Permanent Driving License.
- Stage I : Obtaining a Learner’s License
- Stage II : Obtaining a Permanent License
5. How long is the Driving License valid?
- License to drive a Non-Transport Vehicle is valid for 20 years from the date of issue or until the holder attains the age of 50 years, whichever is earlier. After that, the License is renewed every 5 years.
- Transport Vehicle License is valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue or renewal.