ML RTO Code, ML RTO Office, ML RTO Rules, ML RTO Driving License, ML RTO Renewal 2023
The Transport Department deals with the subject matter relating primarily to Road Transport. The Department administers the Motor Vehicles Taxation Act and Rules made there under. The Department also controls, supervises and regulates the working and functioning of the various bodies under the Department. These bodies are the State Transport Authority and the Regional Transport Authorities. There is also a Corporation under Transport Department namely Meghalaya Transport Corporation which was constituted under the Road Transport Act, 1950.
Driving Licence Meghalaya
Driving Licence can be applied 30 days after the issue of Learner’s Licence. Driving Licene is made only for the class of vehicles where LL has been applied for.
- The Validity for a non-transport vehicle is 20 years or until the date on which a person attains the age of fifty, whichever is earlier. A person who has attained 50 years of age on the date of issue or renewal of licence on renewal will attain a DL effective for 5 years.
- The validity for transport vehicle is for 3 years Licence to drive a transport vehicle carrying goods of dangerous and hazardous nature is effective for a period of one year.
International Driving Permit Meghalaya
- International Driving permit will be valid for a period of not more than one year from the day of issue or till the validity of the driving licence, whichever is earlier.
How To Apply: (New Driving Licence)
- Application for driving licence should be made in Form 4 accompanied
- An effective learner’s licence to drive the vehicle of the type to which the application relates.
- These forms should be submitted at the Fee counter. Keep the receipt safely for further reference.
The applicant should then appear for a driving Test with the Motor Vehicle Inspector (M.V.I.). No person shall appear for the test of competence to drive unless he has held a learner’s licence for a period of 30 days. Where the application does not pass the Driving Licence test he may be permitted to re-appear for the test after a period of seven days. Provided where the applicant does not pass the test even after three appearances, he shall not be qualified to re-appear for such test before the expiry of a period of sixty days from the date of last such test. Click Here
- An interview of road singns and a few general questions regarding road safety are questioned from the applicant. The application can be rejected if the test is failed.
4. Delivery of the Driving Licence:
- The Driving Licence will be delivered to the applicant by the India Postal Service.
ML Vehicle Registration Owner Details 2023
|Name of Department||ML Road Transport|
|Registration Authority||Meghalaya RTO Office|
|Identify basic details||License & Vehicle Registration|
|Registration Details||Meghalaya RTO 2023|
Learner’s Licence in Meghalaya
- A Learner’s Licence (L.L.) is valid for a period of 6 months. Driving Licence (D.L.) should be applied 30 days after after issue of LL and before the end of validity.
How to apply:
1) Submit forms
Application for Learner’s Licence should be filled up in form 2/ Online application form accomapnied by:
a) Evidence of correctness of address and age and qualification is required during application. For example.
- Electoral Roll
- Life Insurance Policy
- Pay slip issued by any office of Central/ State government or local body
- School certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate granted by a registered medical practitioner not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon, as to age of person.
b) Medical Certificate (Self Declaration of physical fitness should be filled in Form 1 and a medical certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner in form 1A.)
c) Driving Licence if case of learner’s licence for addition of Class Of Vehicle.
d) Appropriate fees
e) Blood Group Proof
2) Pay Fees
3) Capture biometrics Photograph, Signature, Finger Prints are captured.
4) Get Letter Number for Police verification
5) Collect Learner’s Licence after Police verification is done.
Age Limit for LLR in Meghalaya
Requirements and Rules:
- No person under the age of eighteen years shall drive a motor vehicle in any public place. Provided that a motor cycle with engine capacity not exceeding 50cc may be driven in a public place by a person attaining the age of sixteen years.
- No person under the age of twenty years shall drive a transport (commercial) vehicle in any public place.
Restriction on granting Learner’s licecnce to certain vehicles:
- No person shall be granted a learner’s licence to drive a transport (commercial) vehicle unless he has held a driving licence to drive a motor vehicle for at least one year.
- No Person under the age of eighteen years shall be granted a learner’s licence to drive a motor cycle without gear except with the consent in writing of the person having the care of the person desiring the learner’s licence.
Learner’s Licence Holder Rules:
- A learner licence holder should be accompanied by an instructor holding an effective driving licence and in such a position to take control or stop the vehicle.
- ‘L’ should be painted on the car/ plate/ card on both the front and the rear of the vehicle, in red and a white background.
- The painting should be should not be less than 18 centimetres square and the ‘L’ shall not be less than 10 cm high, 2 cm thick and 9 cm wide at the bottom.
Duplicate Learner’s Licence:
- On loss of original Leaner’s Licence, application for a duplicate L.L. can be made by submitting: Learner’s Licence number and Appropriate fees
Check These Updates on RTO Code List 2023
Meghalaya RTO Code 2023
This Meghalaya RTO means that you can get a vehicle registration without much trouble from anywhere in the state. The list has Meghalaya RTO codes for all kinds of vehicles, such as cars, motorcycles, tractors, and trucks. One can use this code to find out about their own regional transport office in Meghalaya, including its address and phone numbers for questions or other information about registering a vehicle at a Meghalaya RTO. When you want a new registration number, you usually need to show proof of where you live, like an electricity bill, bank statement, or driver’s license. You should also bring valid insurance papers to Meghalaya RTO offices before you can get the registration number you want on your vehicle plates.
|ML-04 Registration||Jowai City|
|ML-05 Registration||Shillong City|
|ML0-6 Registration||Nongstoin City|
|ML-07 Registration||Williamnagar City|
|ML-08 Registration||Tura City|
|ML-09 Registration||Baghmara City|
|ML-10 Registration||Nongpoh City|
|ML-11 Registration||Khliehriat City|
|ML-12 Registration||Mawkyrwat City|
|ML-13 Registration||Resubelpara City|
|ML-14 Registration||Ampati City|
Latest Updates on ML RTO Code 2023
How many RTO offices are in ML?
There are 14 RTO offices in ML.
How to find vehicle owner details in ML?
In Meghalaya, there is a procedure for checking the vehicle owner’s details. Select the vehicle details option. Enter all of the information Registration, chassis, and engine numbers are all required. By choosing Verify details, you can display the details of your vehicle on the screen.
How to know my RTO office in Meghalaya?
If you’re looking for your Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Meghalaya, it’s quite easy! Check online for the address and contact details. Each of the 14 RTO offices in Meghalaya is assigned a unique number, so it’s easy to locate yours. All you need to do is find the RTO in your district and visit in person.