Assam RTO is providing more information about Apply for Learner’s License in an easy way. The below information is very useful to know about the LLR before initiate.
Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority (Government of Assam)
Questions for learners license Test PDF in Assam | Learning license test questions for a two-wheeler in Assam
- The first step to driving a motor vehicle is to obtain a ‘Learner’s Licence’. For obtaining a learner license one has to apply to the licensing authority of his jurisdiction where the applicant resides or carries business. Learner’s Licence is a purely temporary one valid for 6 (six) months only and it is issued to an applicant to learn how to drive.
- For applying for a license one must be 18 (eighteen) years of age and for driving a transport vehicle one must be 21 (twenty-one) years of age. But a person attaining the age of 16 (sixteen) years can drive a motorcycle with an engine capacity not exceeding 50CC in a public place.
The following documents should be attached to the form prescribed in Schedule I and II
- Ration Card
- Electoral Roll
- Life Insurance Policy
- Pay Slip issued by any State or Central Govt. body
- Self swearing affidavit by an applicant before an Executive Magistrate or a 1st Class Judicial Magistrate or a
- Notary Public as evidence of address
- Age Proof Documents
(i) Birth Certificate
(ii) School Certificate
(iii) Certificate granted by a registered Medical practitioner not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon, as to the age of the applicant.
(iv) Pay Slip issued by any State or Central Govt. body
Test for Learner’s License
- Applicants of a learner license shall have to present themselves before the licensing authority for a preliminary test. The test will be conducted by the Inspector of Motor Vehicles and the applicant has to satisfy the Motor Vehicle Inspector with adequate knowledge of traffic signs and signals and rules of the road regulations. The applicants who are already having a driving license are exempted from applying the preliminary test in case of additional endorsement of a new class of vehicle.
How to apply
- For obtaining a Learner’s Licence you have to apply to the licensing authority or District Transport Officer, in whose jurisdiction, the applicant resides.
- The form for application is given below in Schedule I and Schedule II
- The learner’s license is valid for a period of 6 (six) months. The holder of a learner’s license must drive a car with prominently display the letter ‘L’ at the front and rear of the car and he must be accompanied by a permanent license holder at the time of driving
Forms to be filled
|Schedule I||Application cum Declaration as to Physical Fitness||Download|
|Schedule II||Form or Application as to grant or Renewal of Learner’s License||Download|
Whom to Contact
- District Transport Office
- Sarathi Website