A learner’s license is a certificate Provide by the regional transport office (RTO) that proceeds as a temporary and Banned driving license in Madhya Pradesh Government.
- College students should contact their principal’s office for applying for Learner License. Approach your nearest customer service center or Licensing Authority RTO.
Eligibility for obtaining of Learner License:
- Age greater than 16 years but are less than 18 years are eligible for a License to drive only a motor cycle up to 50cc engine capacity i.e. motor cycle without gear. For this, they require the consent of their parents / guardians.
- Age greater than 18 years are eligible to obtain License for a motor cycle equipped with gears and also for a Light Motor Vehicle [Motor Car].
- Age greater than 20 years of age are eligible to obtain a License to drive a transport vehicle, i.e., a vehicle used to carry passengers or goods for hire or reward etc. such as taxi, auto rickshaw, bus or truck but they must have passed middle standard examination i.e. 8th standard.
- However, no person shall be granted a Learner’s License to drive a medium or heavy goods vehicle or passenger vehicle unless he has held a driving License valid for a light motor vehicle (LMV) for at least one year.
A Learner’s License is essential for obtaining a driving License.
- It is mandatory to present yourself in front of Licensing Authority to obtain the learner License Licensing authority will conduct the test of applicant and passes candidates are allowed to obtain the Learner License. Here digital data for the applicant is captured.
Documents required to apply for Learner License:
- Fee of Rs. 150/- for each category of Vehicle applied (Plus Rs. 50/- for LL Test).
- Applications in Form 1, Form 1A [Medical Certificates as issued by any M.B.B.S. doctor] and Form 2. [These Forms can be downloaded from website]
- Three recent passport size photographs.
- Proof of your ordinarily residing address any one of the following documents:
- Electoral Roll (Voter ID Card)
- Life Insurance Policy
- Pay slip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State Government or a local body.
- Proof of your date of birth any one of the following documents:
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Effectiveness and Validity:
- Learner License is valid for a period of six months from the date of issue Learner License is effective throughout India.
How can I obtain a Learner’s License?
- Applicants should take print of the duly filled-in Online application along with the reference number and submit it at the chosen RTO office. Wherever the online transactions are not enabled, the applicants can submit the application in the prescribed CMV Form-2, Unified Form to the jurisdictional licensing authority.