Where should I learn driving from?
- The driving training should be imparted by a person who possesses a permanent driving license. If you are interested in getting yourself trained from a Motor Driving School, a list of Motor Driving Schools approved by the government could be referred to.
Are there any age restrictions for obtaining a learner’s license?
- The applicant shall have to attain the age of 16 years in case of a motorcycle with engine capacity not exceeding 50 ccs (motorcycle without gear).
- The consent/declaration of the parents/guardian is necessary and shall be signed before the licensing authority.
The applicant shall have completed the age of 18 years in case of a motorcycle with gear or a light motor vehicle.
In the case of transport vehicles one year of driving experience of a light motor vehicle.
- A medical certificate in Form CMV 1 and 1A is necessary in the case of the transport vehicle.
Is it compulsory to have a medical certificate for obtaining a learner’s license?
- An applicant for the grant of a non-transport vehicle driving license under the age of 40 years does not require a medical certificate. However, those applicants who are over 40 years of age must produce a medical certificate in Form – 1A. All applicants for the grant of driving license to drive transport vehicles are required to produce a medical certificate.
What is the period of validity of the Learner’s license?
- The learner’s license is valid for the period of 6 Months.
What is the Subject in the Learning License Test?
- Traffic signs, traffic signals, and rules of the road regulations made under section 118 of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- Duties of the driver when his vehicle is involved in an accident resulting in death or bodily injury of a person or damage to property of a third party.
- Precautions to be taken while passing un-manned railway crossing.
- The Documents he should carry with him while driving a vehicle.
What if Failed the Learning License Test?
- Application along with documents will be returned to the failed applicant and he can reappear for the test from the next day onwards.