Kerala RTO Website is providing more information to get Learning License (LLR) in an easy way. The below Frequently Asked Questions and Answers, the set of Q&A is very useful to know about the LLR before initiate.
Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority (Government of Kerala)
Kerala RTO Learning License Registration Test Questions and Answers
Forms and Documents required
- FORM1: If you are below 50 years and applying for a non-transport driving license, use this form for self-declaration of physical conditions.
- FORM1 A: If you are 50years or more and applying for a non-transport driving license, or you are applying for a transport vehicle driving license, you should obtain a certificate from a general medical practitioner about your physical condition Form1A.
- FORM2: Application for Learner’s License (you should fill up)
- FORM3: Learner’ License form- (you can fill up some columns)
- FORM: Application for Driving License (you should fill up)
- Holder of a learner’s license for more than 30days can only appear for driving test. You should produce the application along with the learner’s license on the ground mentioned in the learner’s license on the date and time prescribed in it.
- The driving test is conducted in two parts. The first part is a ground test and the second is the road test. In the first part, your efficiency in controlling the vehicle will be tested. An 8 track is made for testing part I for two and three-wheelers; while an ‘H’ is made for testing the four-wheelers.
- In the second part, your skill in driving will be tested.
- If you pass both the parts you will be issued an acknowledgment coupon on the spot and the Driving License Card will be sent to you within a week.
- On submission of the application, you will be required to undergo a computer-based Learner’s test. Your knowledge of Road Rules and Regulations, Signals and signs, Road manners, defensive driving, etc will be tested.
- A facility for practicing the test is provided on this site, and also in the Information kiosk in the office.
- A Learner’s License, valid for six months and valid throughout India, will be issued to you on passing the test. If you fail in the test you can reappear for a re-test on any of the coming working days on paying a fee of Rs.30/-
- The date for Road Test will be mentioned in the Learner’s License. The Learners License cannot be renewed.
What are the Eligibility Conditions?
- If you are between 16 and 18 years you can apply, with the written consent of your parents, for a driving license to drive a Motor Cycle below 50cc.
- If you are 18 years or more, you can apply for a driving license to drive a non-transport vehicle.
- If you are 20 years or more and having one year of driving experience in non-transport vehicles, you can apply for a transport vehicle driving license. A pass in the 8th standard is an additional condition to get a transport vehicle driving license. You will be exempted from one-year driving experience if you need a transport vehicle Driving License only to drive Auto-Rickshaw.
- Vehicles using for hire or reward are classified as transport vehicles and others are classified as non-transport vehicles.
- A valid Driving License, issued under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, is an essential document to drive a motor vehicle in any public place in India. In the State of Kerala driving licenses are being issued by the Motor Vehicles Department through its 17 Regional and 42 Sub Regional Transport Offices. One should have proper authorization in the license to drive specific classes/classes of the vehicle he intends to drive.