Himachal Pradesh RTO Website is providing more Questions and Answers to the Learner Licence FAQ. The below information is very useful to know about the LLR before initiate.
Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority (Government of Himachal Pradesh)
Learner Licence in Himachal Pradesh
How To Obtain a Learner’s Licence
- No person shall drive a motor vehicle in any public place unless he holds an effective driving licence issued to him by the Licensing Authority, authorising him to drive the vehicle.
The application required:
- Application form in CMV FORM 2
- 3 recent passport size photographs
a. Age Between 16 and 18
- The applicant shall have attained the age of 16 years in case of Motor Cycle without Gear.
The consent/declaration of the parents shall be given before the licencing authority.
b. Age 18 Years and Above
- The applicant shall have attained the age of 18 years in case of a motorcycle with gear or a light motor vehicle.
c. For Transport Vehicle
- The applicant shall have attained the age of 20 years in case of Transport vehicle (Auto rickshaw cab, Taxi, Goods Vehicle, Bus etc.)
- One year of driving experience in a light motor vehicle is required.
- The minimum educational qualification is a pass in the 8th Std at the school level.
Medical certificate in form No.CMV Form 1 and CMV Form 1-A is necessary in case of transport vehicle
The documents required:
a. Proof of Address: (any one of the following)
- Life Insurance Policy
- Electoral Roll
- Payslip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State Government or a Local body.
- Self swearing Affidavit by an applicant before an executive Magistrate or a First Class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary Public as evidence of address.
b. Proof of Age: (any one of the following)
- School Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Certificate granted by the registered medical practitioner, not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon.
- Self swearing Affidavit by an applicant before an executive Magistrate or a First Class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary Public as evidence of age.
What is the amount of Fees payable?
Where to file that application?
What is a Preliminary test? Whether any exemption is provided?
What is the Subject in the Preliminary Test?
What is to be done failing in the preliminary test?
What is the period of validity of the Learner’s licence?