Himachal Pradesh RTO Website is providing more Questions and Answers to the Driving Licence FAQ. The below information is very useful to know about the LLR before initiate.
Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority (Government of Himachal Pradesh)
Driving Licence For Himachal Pradesh
What are the application forms required?
- Application form in CMV FORM 4.
- 3 recent passport-size photographs.
What are the documents to be given?
- Valid learner’s license.
- Documents of the vehicle in which applicant proposes to appear for test of competence to drive vehicle (such as Regn. Certificate, Insurance Certificate, Tax Card, Pollution under control certificate).
- In the case of a transport vehicle, a certificate in form CMV 5 issued by Driving Training School.
Where to file the application?
- The applicant shall present himself before the RTO/Sub Divisional Magistrate along with the application and documents.
What is a Driving Test (Test of competence to drive)?
- The Inspector of motor vehicles will conduct the test of competence to drive vehicles as per the procedures laid down under rule 15 of Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989. After satisfaction about the driving skills, he will pass his recommendations about the issue of driving.
What is to be done in case of Fail in the Test of competence to drive?
- The applicant who has failed in the test of competence to drive can collect his application along with documents and can reappear for the test after 7 days by paying retest fees of Rs. 50/-.
What is the period of validity of Driving?
- Driving issues is valid throughout India.
- Driving is issued for 20 years or 50 years of age whichever is earlier
- Driving issued for a transport vehicle will be valid for three years.
Who will provide more information and help?
- For more information/grievances R.T.O/S.D.M. may be contacted.