Himachal Pradesh RTO Website is providing more Questions and Answers to the Permit FAQ. The below information is very useful to know about the LLR before initiate.
Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority (Government of Himachal Pradesh)
Vehicle Permit for Himachal Pradesh Transport
- Any registered owner of a transport vehicle can apply for the permit. However, there are restrictions on permits which are made available only after notification of the Government
When can permits be applied?
- Normally permits can be applied at any time. However, the stage carriage permits are issued only at the time of notification as per policy.
What are the forms of permit application and formats?
The forms are prescribed under Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 and Himachal Pradesh Motor Vehicle Rules, 1999 as under: –
- Form 45 – Application for grant of tourist vehicle
Form 46-Application for grant of authorization for tourist permit or national permit
- Form 48 – Application for grant of national permit
- HP Form XXI Pst. S A. – Application for a Stage Carriage Permit
- HP. Form XXII P.CO.CA. – Application for a contract carriage permit
- HP Form XXIII PSVA – Application for a private service vehicle permit
- HP Form XXIV P.Gd.CA – Application for a goods carrier permit
- HP Form XXV Temp. A – Application for a temporary permit
- HP Form XXVI P. Sp. A – Special permit under section 88(8)
What is the action taken against violation of permit conditions especially by stage carriage buses?
- Action is taken by RTA against these offenders u/s 86 of MV Act for suspension, cancellation of permits.
Where do I have to apply for different permits?
- To the jurisdictional Regional Transport Office.