The Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has recently published a list of effective and restricted holidays for the administrative offices located across India to be observed during the year 2022.
Telecom Establishment (TE) Section
TEL: 011-23734364, 23734051 (Fax)
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
(A Govt. of India Enterprises)
Heads of Telecom Circles/
All Heads of Metro Districts/
All Heads of Administrative Unit, BSNL
Subject: Holidays to be observed in BSNL Offices during the year 2022- reg.
In accordance with Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions (Department of Personnel & Training) O.M. No. 12/5/2021-JCA-2 dated 8th June 2021, it has been decided by the Competent Authority that the holidays as specified in the Annexure I to this O.M. will be observed in all the BSNL Offices located at Delhi/ New Delhi during the year 2022. In addition, each employee will also be allowed to avail himself/ herself of any two holidays to be chosen by him/her out of the list of Restricted Holidays in Annexure -II.
2. BSNL Administrative Offices located outside Delhi / New Delhi shall observe the following holidays compulsorily in addition to three holidays as per para 3.1 below:
1. REPUBLIC DAY
2. INDEPENDENCE DAY
3. MAHATMA GANDHI’S BIRTHDAY
4. BUDDHA PURNIMA
5. CHRISTMAS DAY
6. DUSSEHRA (VIJAY DASHMI)
7. DIWALI (DEEPAVALI)
8. GOOD FRIDAY
9. GURU NANAK’s BIRTHDAY
10. IDUL FITR
11. IDU’L ZUHA
12. MAHAVIR JAYANTI
14. PROPHET MOHAMMAD’s BIRTHDAY (ID-E-MILAD)
In addition to the above 14 Compulsory holidays mentioned in para 2, three holidays shall be decided from the list indicated below by the Circle Heads of Territorial Circles in consultation with the Circle Staff Welfare Board and the 3.1.
representative Union and keeping in view the recommendation of the Central Government Employees Coordination Committee in the State Capitals. The final list applicable uniformly to all BSNL offices within the territorial jurisdiction of the concerned State shall be notified accordingly and a copy endorsed to the Corporate Offic within a period of 4 weeks of issue of this letter and no change can be carried out thereafter. It is also clarified that no change is permissible in regard to festivals and dates as indicated.
1. AN ADDITIONAL DAY FOR DUSSEHRA
3. JANAMASHTAMI (VAISHNAVI)
4. RAM NAVAMI
5. MAHA SHIVRATRI
6. GANESH CHATURTHI, VINAYAK CHATURTHI
7. MAKAR SANKARANTI
8. RATH YATRA
11. SRI PANCHAMI, BASANT PANCHAMI
12. VISHU, VAISAKHI, VAISAKHADI, BHAG BIHU, MASHADI UGADI, CHAITRA SUKLADI, CHETI CHAND, GUDI PADAVA, 1ST NAVRATRA , NAORAZ, CHHATH POOJA, KARVA CHAUTH.
3.2 No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival holidays, initially declared, subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
4. The list of Restricted Holidays appended to this O.M. is meant for BSNL Offices located in Delhi / New Delhi. The Heads of Territorial Circle in consultation with the Circle Staff Welfare Board and the representative Union and keeping in view the recommendations of the Central Government Employees Co-ordination Committee in the State Capitals may draw up separate list of Restricted Holidays keeping in view the occasions of local importance. However, the 9 occasions left over, after choosing the 3 variable holidays in para 3.1 above, are also to be included in the list of restricted holidays.
5.1 For offices in Delhi / New Delhi, any change in the date of holidays in respect of Idu’l Fitr, Idu’l Zuha, Muharram and ld-e-Milad, if necessary, depending upon sighting of the Moon, would be declared by the Ministry of Personnel, Public
Grievances and Pensions after ascertaining the position from the Govt. of NCT of Delhi (DCP, Special Branch, Delhi Police).
5.2 For offices outside Delhi / New Delhi, the Heads of Territorial Circles are authorized to change the date of holiday, if necessary, based on the decision of the concerned State Governments/ Union Territories, in respect of Idu’l Fitr, Idu’l Zuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad.
5.3 It may happen that the change of date of the above occasions has to be declared at a very short notice. In such a situation, announcement could be made through P.I.B/T.V. /A.I.R. / Newspapers and the Heads of Territorial Circles may
take action according to such an announcement without waiting for a formal order, about the change of date.
6. During 2022, Diwali (Deepavali) falls on Monday, October 24, 2022 (Kartika 2). In certain States, the practice is to celebrate the occasion a day in advance, i.e., on “Naraka Chaturdasi Day”. In view of this, there is no objection if a holiday on account of Deepavali is observed on “Naraka Chaturdasi Day (in place of Deepavali Day) in the BSNL Offices in a State if in that State that day alone is declared as a compulsory holiday for Diwali for the offices of the State Government.
7. BSNL Offices which include industrial, commercial and trading establishments would observe upto 16 holidays in a year including three national holidays viz. Republic Day, Independence Day and Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday, as compulsory holidays. The remaining holidays/occasions may be determined by respective Heads of Circle themselves for the year 2022, subject to para 3.2 above.
(Keshav Kumar )
Assistant General Manager (Estt.II)
Check here for Other Holidays in 2022
|All India Bank Holiday List 2022||PDF Download|
|BSNL Administrative Office Holidays 2022||PDF Download|
|Dr. BR Ambedkar Birthday Holiday 2022||PDF Download|
|EPFO Office India Holiday List 2022||PDF Download|
|HDFC Bank Holiday List 2022||PDF Download|
|ICICI Bank Holiday List 2022 India||PDF Download|
|NSE Closed Holidays 2022 | BSE Closed Holidays 2022||PDF Download|
|Onam Festival, Pongal Festival, Holi Festival, Diwali Festival and Ugadi Festival 2022||PDF Download|
|Punjab National Bank Holiday List 2022||PDF Download|
|SBI India Holidays 2022||PDF Download|
|TASMAC Holiday List 2022 PDF||PDF Download|
|TNPDS Ration Shop Holiday List 2022||PDF Download|
|1 January 2022 Tamil Daily Sheet Calendar||PDF Download|
|14 January 2022 Tamil Date Calendar||PDF Download|
|15 January 2022 Tamil Date Calendar||PDF Download|
|16 January 2022 Tamil Date Calendar||PDF Download|
|18 January 2022 Tamil Date Calendar||PDF Download|
|2 January 2022 Tamil Daily Sheet Calendar||PDF Download|
|26 January 2022 Tamil Date Calendar||PDF Download|