Assam RTO is providing more information about Register my Boat in an easy way. The below information is very useful to know about the LLR before initiate.
Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority (Government of Assam)
Speed Boat Driving license 2021 | Boat Driving license in India 2021 | Private boat license 2021 | Boat driving Course in Online 2021
- Boats have to be registered with the Chief Ship Surveyor, Assam Shillong. the registration mark has to be displayed prominently. there may be an inspection of the vessel too before granting of registration.
- The owner or master of the vessel to the Registering Authority, the Chief Ship Surveyor, Assam Shillong in Form I at least 15 days before the date on which the registration certificate is desired.
The application shall be accompanied by a Treasury Challan showing the deposit of the registration fee as well as a certified copy of the certificate of the survey in respect of the vessel which is to be registered.
The Registering Authority may consider an inspection of the vessel necessary and shall send a notice to the applicant at least three days before the date fixed for such inspection, informing him/her of the date and time of the inspection.
The master or owner of the vessel shall furnish all information that may be required by the Registering Authority, and will allow the inspection of the vessel; as deemed necessary.
No owner, agent, or master of a vessel shall give any name to such vessel other than that by which she is registered.
The registration mark assigned to the vessel shall be displayed on the port and starboard side of the vessel at midship at a prominent place. The letter and figures of the registration mark shall be 8” X 7” and the registration mark shall be put below the name of the vessel
- To find out about fees, Click Here.
Application Form I
- Treasury Challan showing deposit of Registration Fees according to Schedule 1.
- Certified copy of the Certificate of Survey.
- Copy of the letter conveying the approval of such registration from the Government of the State in which the owner resides or carries on business or, the company has its principal office (In the case registration is desired to be made at a place other than the one in which the owner reside or carries on business)
Type of Service:
- As of now, it is not an online service.
Forms to be filled:
Whom to Contact:
For any queries regarding registration of Boats, you may contact:
- Inland Water Transport
Regional Office: Ulubari,
Guwahati – 781007, Assam
Website: Inland Water Transport